A DIY Guide to Clean the Fabric Blinds
The fabric blinds are not similar to the vinyl, aluminum blinds and other natural substances blinds like wood, grass, and bamboo etc. the fabric blinds are a popular type of blinds and they need to be cleaned and maintained properly to save its life, quality, and appearance. There may be several reasons to choose the fabric blinds some of the popular reasons are the different colors, textures, and designs. The fabric blinds are easy to maintain, you can use the fabric blinds where the moisture is more like the kitchen, bathroom etc. they are very straightforward, easy to clean compared to the other type of Curtain Mould Removal.
There are many types of fabric blinds, one of the important and most popular types of fabric blinds are roman fabric blinds. Most of the people prefer these blinds because it is very easy to maintain. These blinds are made up of silk, cotton, wood, hemp, linen etc. as they are highly exposed to the sun you must consider vacuuming the blinds on regular basis to maintain its appearance and quality. It is really not a big deal to clean any type of fabric blinds when you employ the correct method. Here are tips to clean the fabric blinds:
How to Clean the Fabric Blinds
As discussed above if you have roman blinds you are quite lucky because the roman blind cleaning is simple and just you need a damp hot cloth to clean the blinds.
- Remove the dust from the blinds through vacuuming or use a duster. Through vacuuming the majority of the dust and debris is easily removed from the blinds. Use upholstery brush to clean the blinds.
- After removing the dust and debris from the blinds, wipe the blinds clearly with a neat cloth. You can use soapy water to clean the pleated fabric shades. Just scrub each scale and avoid using bleachers and acid-based cleaners to clean the blinds as it will fade the natural color of the fabric blinds.
- After scrubbing the blinds allow the blinds to dry, just place the towel under the blinds. Let the blinds drip dry. If you want to fasten the drying process wipe the blinds with a microfiber towel.
- Vacuum the blinds on regular basis to reduce the cleaning job. It is always best to vacuum the blinds to remove the dust and debris. This will reduce your work during the cleaning process. Fabric blinds are the gorgeous choice to decorate the house; therefore it is very important to maintain them in a proper way. Vacuum the blinds once in a week. Never try to use Curtain and Blind Cleaning on the fabric blinds because they will easily stain the blinds.
- To keep the fabric blinds clean and shining it is suggested to wash them once in 3 or 4 months.
- Proper maintenance of the fabric blinds add beauty to your home and increase the life of the blinds for long years.